Want a new spring breakfast recipe? How about something new for Mother's Day brunch? Well, I have a recommendation -- this Lemon Blueberry French Toast Casserole! It can be made in advance, reheated if needed, travels well and is just so deliciously full of soft lemon flavor.
Lemon Blueberry French Toast Casserole
1 loaf French Bread (or an enriched bread, like brioche)
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
1 lemon - zest & juice
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract
Powdered sugar for dusting
Syrup for drizzles & dips
1. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stock spray. Cube the bread and place in dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, vanilla and lemon extract, juice & zest till combined. Add 1 cup blueberries, stir and pour over bread. Carefully stir bread and egg mixture to coast all the cubes.
3. Sprinkle with other cup of blueberries. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge till ready to bake.
4. When ready, remove plastic wrap and place in cold oven. Turn oven to 350 degree and bake for 30-45 minutes. Until eggs appear set and top is golden.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with your favorite syrup!
Cooking everything in casserole dishes!
With busy lives & sometimes quick meals, we mom & daughters team are always looking for healthy, tasty & convenient dishes to serve our family. So, please join us as we share everything from appetizers to main dishes & desserts!