Pictures of roasted whole heads of cauliflower keep floating around the internet, popping up in my instagram and pinterest feeds --- I finally decided to try it myself!
There are so many variations, but I had these ingredients on hand - so why not?
Lemon Caper Roasted Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower
1 Tb minced garlic
2 Tb capers
Salt & Pepper
1. First prep the cauliflower by trimming any greens still attached, and carefully cutting out a bit of the core.
2. Rub olive oil over the entire head - get dirty! Sprinkle top and bottom with salt and pepper.
3. Place cauliflower in a cast iron skillet and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
4. Remove foil & increase oven temperature to 425 F. Continue baking cauliflower till it is slightly browned on top and it is fork tender on the bottom.
5. Carefully remove the head from your skillet and set aside. Move skillet to stove top and medium heat. Saute garlic in a couple teaspoons of olive oil, till soft & fragrant. Add capers & lemon juice. Add cauliflower back to the skillet and spoon the pan sauce over the whole head.
6. Serve hot! You can remove it from the pan to slice and serve - or bring the skillet to the table!
Review?? My husband and I LOVED this! We almost ate the entire head in one setting -- and it was a side dish. This is now in regular menu rotation and I'm playing with different flavors. Also, it could easily be the main part of the meal- not just the side dish!
We will be sharing this delicious dish to these blog parties, check them out!
Cooking everything in casserole dishes!
With busy lives & sometimes quick meals, we mom & daughters team are always looking for healthy, tasty & convenient dishes to serve our family. So, please join us as we share everything from appetizers to main dishes & desserts!